Fun Volcanoes Activity Book
Why the Volcanoes activity books is for you!
You will like this activity book because it uses inexpensive materials for your children to learn about volcanoes. Most of the materials listed in each activity can be found around your home. The directions are clear and easy to understand.
Sample activities your children will like to do
- Create a volcano out of dough
- Create a cinder cone using popcorn
- Create "pumice" cookies
- Watch chocolate lave flows
Volcanoes are mountains of fire
Volcanoes form when molten rock erupts from the vent of a volcano. There are about 1,500 potentially active volcanoes on the continents and islands in the oceans.
The activities use inexpensive materials usually found around the home or at a local store. You can have a Treasure Hunt with your children before starting the Volcanoes activity book.
Your children will have fun looking for science materials around your home. You can store the materials in a cardboard box. Your children will get excited about the various science activities as they look for materials during their treasure hunt.
Each chapter in the Volcanoes activity book includes . . .
- A mini-lesson that is an introduction to the lesson.
- List of materials they will need for the activity.
- Directions on how to do the activity.
- More Science Activity Ideas includes additional science activities your children can do.
- Science Behind the Activity is information for you.