AB Earthquakes Activity Book by Myrna Martin
Why this Earthquakes activity book is for you!
You will like this activity book because it uses inexpensive materials for your children to learn about earthquakes. Most of the materials listed in each activity can be found around your home. The directions are clear and easy to understand.
Sample activities your children will like to do
- Creating a tin can seismograph
- Creating a mobile with three types of faults.
- Creating tsunami waves in a plastic tub.
Earthquakes shake rattle and roll
Earthquakes is a fun packed activity book about how and why earthquakes occur. The surface of the Earth is covered with crustal plates. You live on one of these plates as they move around on the surface of the Earth.
The activities in this book show how the Earth's plates can move upward, downward, and slip past another plate. All of these actions cause the plates where you live to shake, rattle, and roll.
The activities use inexpensive materials usually found around the home or at a local store. You can have a Treasure Hunt with your children before starting the Earthquakes activity book.
Your children will have fun looking for science materials around your home. You can store the materials in a cardboard box. You children will get excited about the various science activities as they look for materials during their treasure hunt.
Each chapter in the Earthquakes activity book includes . . . .
- A mini-lesson that introduces the activity.
- List of materials they will need for the activity.
- Directions on how to do the activity.
- More Science Activity Ideas includes additional science activities your children can do.
- Science Behind the Activity is information for you.