Fun Earth Science Activity Book
Why this Earth Science activity book is for you!
You will like this activity book because it uses inexpensive materials for your children to learn about Earth Science. Most of the materials listed in each activity can be found around your home. The directions are clear and easy to understand.
Sample activities your children will like to do
- Creating crystals using spice drop candy and toothpicks
- Creating normal and reverse faults using a Styrofoam block
- Testing cereals to see if they are fortified with iron
What does Earth Science include?
Our Earth Science book includes fun science activities related to earthquakes, plate tectonics, the atmosphere, layers inside the Earth, and sand at the seashore. Your children will also learn how sound travels through solids, liquids, and gases.
The activities use inexpensive science materials usually found around found around your home or at a local store. You can have a Treasure Hunt with your children before starting this fun science book.
Your children will have fun looking for science materials around your home. You can store the materials in a cardboard box. Your children will get excited about the various science activities as they look for materials during their treasure hunt.
Each chapter in the Earth Science activity book includes . . .
- A mini-lesson introduces each activity.
- List of materials they will need for the activity.
- Directions on how to do the activity.
- More Science Activity Ideas includes additional science activities your children can do.
- Science Behind the Activity is information for you.