Fun Dinos and Fossils Activity Book
Why this Dinos and Fossils book is for you!
You will like this activity book because it uses inexpensive materials for your children to learn about dinosaurs and fossils. Most of the materials listed in each activity can be found around your home. The directions are clear and easy to understand.
Sample activities your children will like to do
- Creating dinosaur footprints out of dough
- Creating a new unknown dinosaur out of clay
- Creating the mold of a seashell
Fascinating dinosaur bones
The fossils of dinosaurs have captured the imagination of people since their discovery in China. The ancient Chinese found dinosaur bones long before the discoveries in England led scientists to study the bones.
A scientist in England thought the bones he found were from a giant lizard. He coined the term dinosaur. Dinosaur means "terrible lizard" despite the fact that dinosaurs are not related to lizards.
The activities use inexpensive materials usually found around your home or at a local store. You can have a Treasure Hunt with your children before starting this fun science book.
Your children will have fun looking for science materials around your home. You can store the materials in a cardboard box. Your children will get excited about the various science activities as they look for materials during their treasure hunt.
Each chapter in the Dinos and Fossils activity book includes . . .
- A mini-lesson introduces each activity.
- List of materials they willneed for the activity.
- Directions on how to do the activity.
- More Science Activity Ideas includes additonal science activities your children can do.
- Science Behind the Activity is information for you.